Monday, September 27, 2010

This is the life.

Picking up local kids for church is quite a task at times. The young people come sometimes because they have nothing else to do and want to leave home. Many are not disciplined period. They do what they want and when they want. Not all of them are that way, though and many change and grow. One such kid is Raquan. He was never a big problem but little stuff like talking and such. At church lately he has been great. Most weeks he sits with Tom Gilliam. Instead of talking, now he opens his Bible and follows along. As much as hes growing I really wanted to treat him. I picked him up Friday afternoon and I spent sometime with him at the Warehouse as I cooked supper. We then went to the Person football game. During supper he leaned back in the chair and said "This is the life." It made my day. I was wondering if he was having a decent time and he was loving it. When we love God and give our life to Him, He will spend us on others. Matthew 25:35 "For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment