Tuesday, September 21, 2010


I am a rock star. OK, maybe not, but that's what I feel like when I go to lunches at the elementary school. I find this to be one of the easiest ways to speak to a kid. One of the easiest ways to let them know you love them. You don't even have to say it and they know. But I prefer to. No one else is coming to see them. No one else goes out of their way to show them special attention. Nothing else separates them from their class mates. This simple action means the world to them. This is an action that buys me their ear when I talk to them about the love of God. This is an action they recognize as love. They may not be able to explain it as that but they know it. If you want to make a kids day then visit them at lunch. Make it better and buy them ice cream.

1 comment: