Monday, September 20, 2010


Driving to church on the church van two kids got into an altercation. One had something that the other wanted. When the girl (about 7) wouldn't give it to the boy(just turned 5), he decided to hit her and she cursed at him. When we got to the church I took them to the side to talk about it. Both were mad. I told them both that I loved them. I told them how they both were wrong. I reminded them of my love for them and told them of a better way to handle their problems. I told them again I wasn't mad and reminded them of my love for them. We left and both were still not very happy. During the church service the little girl drew me this picture.

God has called us to love the world. 1 John 4:7 " Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God." Love speaks very loud, even in the form of discipline. Take the time to get to know people and love them. The last thing a church needs is a program. The first thing they need to do is to love people.

No comments:

Post a Comment