Monday, August 30, 2010

I will follow you into the dark.


A few years ago I was dating a girl and I decided to make her a mix tape, being the smooth guy that I am. I carefully picked each song for a special reason and they all said exactly what I wanted to say. I came to a song called, "I will follow you into the dark" that I really wanted to include. I listened to it many time as I thought about it. I came to the conclusion, even as smooth as the song sounded, I indeed would not follow her into the dark. I then asked myself who would I follow into the dark? I concluded that the only person that I would follow into the dark is Tim Bowes. I know that if I follow him there I would be on a mission from God to retrieve lost souls.
Recently a man in our community has called him out as a false prophet. I doubt that this man has caused any deep problems to Tim but rather has been like a pesky bug that just wont go away. I just wanted to say that I stand behind Tim. As my pastor, my boss, my friend and my brother.

2 comments:

  1. And, you know what, my good brother...we have the lamp and The Light...God's word as the lamp unto our feet and our Savior, the Light of the world...if we go into the dark, we'll be okay, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love, admiration and respect for the 2 of you would have me not thinking twice about following either one of you into the dark....as 2 of the godliest men I know I have no doubt you would lead me out of that darkness when we were finished doing what we were called and I'd come out a stronger Christian than when I went in. Thank you both for your godly influence on my life!

    (Now that I am a little teary I'm getting off this blog!!). :)

    ReplyDelete