Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ziyun (pronounced Zion)


What a sweetheart. I get great joy walking to her door to pick her up. I know that when the door opens a smile awaits. A few weeks ago while dropping her off the skies were releasing rain with great fury. I tucked Ziyun under my arm and ran swiftly to her doorstep. I sat her down and there was that wonderful smile. She loved it. Next time I picked her up I again tucked her under my arm and ran quickly to the van. That same smile reappeared and a routine started. For a couple of weeks I did this. After a long night I simply picked her up and walked to her door. When I got there she asked if I was sick or hurt. “No sweetie” I replied, “Why do you ask?” She simply smiled. “You wanted me to run didn’t you?” Somehow her big smile grew. Nothing deep. Nothing profound. You just never know what kind of joy your smile might bring to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment